Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 97: I Want to Finish in Peace, Not in Pieces


Wow, I'm really sad to say I am losing one of my best friends. Elder Skog has finished his mission successfully. I am so grateful I got to know him! Over a year ago, we were on exchange and we really couldn't imagine ourselves getting to this point in mission. I mean, we would always kinda joke about it. But we are actually here! He has helped me through many trials of my mission and he will always be in my heart! Shout out to him and the people who raised this fine young man!



Well, we got transfer news this past Saturday and me and my companion are remaining together for my final 6 weeks of my mission! Elder Berthelsen and Elder Bingham are both training and we will be receiving a new sister whose name is Sister Okeke. So this transfer we are losing almost half the district. But I know that this last transfer for me will be the best!



Well, I would say that this week not much happened. Literally, we have been chasing around our investigators, and we traveled to the doctor's office twice this week. So we have been doing so much traveling. That reminds me.  They told us to be at the area office by 8 am so they could take my companion to an appointment. So we woke up by 5 am and left by 5:30 am. When we got to the main road we were trying to call a Trotro to take us to circle so we could get another car. But out of nowhere a woman stops on the side of the road and gets our attention. She was a member from Kasoa 1st ward and she was on her way to work (the area office) and she said she would take us. Well idk what happened to me i was feeling fine until like 1 hour into the trip and then boom all of a sudden I just had some projectile vomiting that literally came out of nowhere... The thing is I didn't even eat anything that morning. I was so confused. But literally I threw up all over this woman's car. She was trying to be nice to missionaries and this was the blessing she got from the Lord.... I still haven't forgiven myself haha! She kept telling me in the car that she was a mom and these things are normal to her, but I am a man and i just threw up everywhere lol....I'm so done. 






On a more serious note, we had a baptism this week! I always love baptismal services. The Spirit is always so strong and for me. I am very lucky to be a part of this awesome work. I am grateful that I can see the lives of others change as I teach then the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. its so fascinating just to sit back and observe the faith of these wonderful and beautiful sons and daughters of God. I love everyone I come in contact with. These people are my second family! 




I gave a talk this Sunday about conversion. I think it is interesting to note something about conversion! Even Peter himself was not fully converted. After receiving a witness that Jesus Christ was the Son of God, he went and denied he knew Christ 3 times. Another example is that some of the 11 witnesses of the divinity and truth of the Book of Mormon ended up leaving the church later on after receiving the witness. and it is also important to note that conversion should change attitude and actions. For example, almost everyone in this world knows that smoking is bad for you, and even in Ghana here it has in big letters on the front of the packs that "SMOKING CAUSES CANCER." But does this stop people from doing it? Not at all. Then I gave a small list of things that will help us become converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I thought that the talk went very well and I know that everyone benefited from my talk!


I made hamburgers and we had bacon, too!


Well as I begin my last transfer, let's pray that I don't fall sick or get hurt before I go home. I want to finish in peace not in pieces! Keep it 100 everyone until next week!

Much love,

Elder McFarland

No comments: