Monday, October 2, 2017

Week 98: 5 weeks!

Well, I have procrastinated this email yet again. But at least I have not procrastinated the day of my repentance haha! I am so grateful for the conference talks that I was able to listen to this week. I am also very grateful for the undeniable spirit that I felt constantly throughout all the sessions of General Conference. (Yes, I watched all) I am also very grateful for the faith our our members of the church here in Ghana. To witness of their love and the light of Christ in these wonderful people is something that is truly a gift to witness. I am so lucky to be a part of this beautiful work in this beautiful land! 

This week has truly been a test for me. Of course we had light issues this week and of course right now in all of Kasoa the water is finished. So we have been managing a little bit. I am trying so hard to be patient. I know that patience is a virtue. Throughout my mission, I have realized that the Sabbath Day is a very good day, It's not a burden. It is a day where you can kind of refresh yourself for the week. The conference really helped change my attitude about the week.

I'm sure everyone who viewed conference received their own personal revelation and the things I received I cannot deny. I know there is power and authority in this church and the authorities who addressed us this weekend are called of God and they are inspired. I love the Church and the Gospel. I thought it was interesting how many times throughout the conference they talked about how they have been given authority from God and they speak to us from God and not by their own power. Many times they talked about how Jesus Christ is the head of our church all of it was so powerful! I also understand some of the things that are going on in this world and I really enjoyed some thoughts that were shared about looking at people the way God sees them. I have learned a lot this conference and have been uplifted. 

I just pray that I can maintain a better attitude about things and realize that nothing I do is unbearable. I hope that anyone who reads this will send a little prayer my way! Thank you all for your support!

-Elder McFarland

P.S. You know, very soon I won't have that title and the day I have to remove this tag it will make me so sorrowful....

No comments: