Monday, July 10, 2017

Week 86: That Awkward Moment When The Mission Begins Planning Your Flight Home

We had a pretty decent week this week. I'm glad that this week we were able to raise our new investigators to 5-- a little under the standard of excellence for the mission but we are trying for sure. We are close to baptizing these two investigators named Arthur and Samuel,. Samuel though has not come to church in a couple of weeks and we haven't seen him at his house. So he might have traveled. He stays close to our bishop. So he is also helping a lot. When he returns we will get him to church and resume the teachings. With Arthur he has come every week. But he is one busy man. So time is the issue for us now. But he is close. Most of our investigators are just having problems with time. They all are very hard workers but our investigators are progressing and all is well. We were expecting about 7 at sacrament this week but couldn't happen. Next week I'm scared that we won't be able to show all of our investigators where our new building is. So we may not hit our goal but we will work at it. Generally, for a while now, we have been hitting the standard of excellence that the mission President has set and I'm grateful for that!

District meeting went well we had a powerful discussion about going about doing good in Chapter 9 of Preach My Gospel. I know that mission-wide and especially in our district we are having trouble with getting new investigators. I'm very happy that my companionship and the sisters were able to increase that indicator this week. For the most part the key indicators for my district have increased which means more work is being done! For the most part that meeting was very uplifting for all of us. I chose to focus on the time the Savior went about doing good and we discussed how certain things can apply to us missionaries. In the meeting this week we did a scripture study with my district. Pretty much what that means is I give a topic and pretty much a couple people come up and share what their favorite story or scripture about it is. Of course the topic was obedience and I shared about the Stripling Warriors and drew parallels to how we are like these young boys and girls and we are fighting against Satan and stuff and if we do not obey every command with exactness we wouldn't make it. I'm sure you all can get the point haha. But yeah I don't really have much more to talk about.

Just grateful for all the support I get each week. Any small note helps me. I promise I'm grateful for everything everyone does for me. I love you all.

From the letter this week from his mission president:

Dear Elder McFarland,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and testimony of this work. It is wonderful to see your growth and feel of your spirit.

Congratulations on your baptism. It is wonderful to see our investigators following the example of the Saviour by being baptized by one holding the Priesthood authority of God. Helping them to endure to the end must now be our focus. Your indicators are looking good and it is a great foundation to build upon. You will be a great District Leader as you call upon the Lord and seek to do His will.

Have a great week and be safe. Remember to Find when you Teach and Teach when you Find.

President Simpson

No comments: