Monday, May 15, 2017

Week 78: Happy Mother's Day!

Eating a Schwarma (kinda like a burrito, I think)

This week was a great week. I was able to do lots of good things for other people and I feel really good about it. Shout out to Boston's mom for letting me enjoy some of the things she sent to this mission. A lot of people benefited from the things that were sent!




So this week I gave instruction in district meeting. It was based on chapter 1 in Preach My Gospel which is talking about our purpose. So I think the reason why I taught the other missionaries about this is because its important that we know our purpose as missionaries and I talked about the 2 most important things when it comes to our purpose---helping people keep commitments and baptizing and confirming.  When we say our purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel, we are helping them to receive the Book of Mormon. Salvation is in this book and we need to be bold in sharing about this sacred book that we have. If our people understand that the Bible and the Book of Mormon go together it helps us with our purpose. Now when it comes to helping others come into Christ it's helping them make commitments and being baptized. But really how can we effectively help with this unless we are doing everything we can ourselves-- like being in tune with the Spirit? This is why I picked these two things to talk about. I'm grateful for these chances I have to teach.

We were able to get 6 people at Sacrament Meeting this week and we have a couple of baptisms coming up. What we are worried about is replacing these people we will baptize with more people to teach. Right now it's not really working that well. The whole district is having problems finding new investigators and it seems like we are all hitting a dead end. We don't really know what do because we all have tried everything. We just hope we will blessed with more missionary opportunities.

In Ghana, We Manage

I have a strong testimony that small acts of service go a long way. It really makes my heart happy when I get to bless the lives of others. This experience I am embarked in is so rewarding and I love helping people. I also love encouraging people. It makes me so happy . I have had a first hand witness about how this Gospel actually changes lives. It changes the way you treat people. It changes the way you act. I have witnessed that on my mission so far.

On Sunday we wrote little notes on hearts for Sister Simpson (our mission president's wife). As I was sitting with my companion, I was just observing him and it was hard for me to hold back my tears as I watching him spell out words by himself (he cannot read). This Gospel does miracles in lives. This is another witness. Sister Munro (she works in the office) told me that I was awesome and noticed the same thing I did and told me I was awesome and asked me if anyone ever tells me that and I'm like just my family haha. When we were all eating we were all talking about how our weaknesses have become strengths. I shared about how I came to the mission so clueless about everything and now I'm training missionaries and serving in other ways and how teaching has become my strength. Then my companion just says that he loves me and I have done so much to help him and with everything that is going on in my mind right now, this helped me a lot. 

I'm grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know this church is true. I know that through Joseph Smith, God and Jesus Christ restored the true church. I know that I have been called of God to this work and I'm grateful for it!

No comments: