Monday, April 17, 2017

Week 74: Happy Easter!


Well I'm going to start off the week by sharing 2 Nephi 9: 20-22.

20 O how great the holiness of our God! For he knoweth all things, and there
 is not anything save he knows it.
21 And he cometh into the world that he may save all men if they will hearken unto his voice; for behold, he suffereth the pains of all men, yea, the pains of every 
living creature, both men, women, and children, who belong to the family of 
Adam.
22 And he suffereth this that the resurrection might pass upon all men, that 
all might stand before him at the great and judgment day.

The reason why I share this is on Sunday we had a PEC meeting and I was asked to give a little spiritual thought and since we were having our meeting on Easter Sunday I thought that I would share something about Jesus Christ. I think we all know chapter 9 of 2nd Nephi is perfect. This chapter immediately came to my mind. I read it and shared that we really cannot imagine all the pains that the Lord went through and this should strengthen us and help us overcome hardships and temptation. 

Another powerful scripture is in Doctrine and Covenants 19: 15-19

15 Therefore I command you to repent--repent, lest I smite you by the rod of 
my mouth, and by my wrath, and by my anger, and your sufferings be sore how sore you know not, how exquisite you know not, yea, how hard to bear 
you know not.
16 For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent;
17 But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I;
18 Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble 
because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit-and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—
19 Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my 
preparations unto the children of men.


Verse 18 is powerful and I feel the Spirit so strong every time I read this. I have always wondered what Jesus Christ must have went through and I find myself complaining because an appointment falls through or somebody yells at us on the street or even almost hits us with their car. But really these things are nothing. This caused even God to tremble because of pain. I'm begging all of us to remember this every time we go through something.

Also something that is interesting is verse 17 which pretty much says repent or you will suffer the same as Jesus. So considering some of us complain about small things, I guess we better repent so we don't suffer like him. Haha just a funny note.

This past week was awesome. Everything went well with the interviews and we should have 3 baptisms this week. We were going to have 4 but it turns out the member’s daughter had already been baptized. We have a Zone Conference next week and I'm pretty excited about that. We are going to have the three gingers together in the same place. This week we got the new people from transfers and everyone seems cool haha. Shout out to Elder Manuel for 3 years in the Church!

No comments: