Monday, September 11, 2017

Week 95: 8 Weeks! MRI!



I'm hoping that the subject of this week drew you to read this email haha! Well, for all of you wondering (if you even cared in the first place lol) NO I  did not get an MRI. But my companion had to go get one done. I went on exchange and then I come back to find that my companion hurt himself on the bike. Friday we didn't do too much working because he couldn't walk lol. But after our baptism on Saturday, we went straight to the mission doctor and Sister Blackwell told us that we needed to go and get an MRI so they can know what the issue is. But we got to Accra around 12 or 1-- I forget. But then they sent us to another place near the airport and we had to go get check out. Well long story short, we didn't get back to Kasoa until 7:30 and me and my companion both had not eaten anything all day. Traveling kinda sucks here in Ghana. Pretty much you get on a bus that is crowded with people and this car is stopping like every 5 minutes to drop people off and pick up new people along the way.... So yeah it took years to get there and years to get back. That day went by slower than the whole week combined.

French Toast

Well things are going smoothly for us besides my companion's issues. But we had a good district meeting this week. On Tuesday evening I planned to give an instruction on Christ-like attributes. I woke up on Wednesday said my prayers and something told me I didn't prepare the right topic and that I need to talk about the Holy Ghost! Well I prepared a little instruction and went along with the rest of the activities. When I stood up to teach I was impressed to sit back down and  have people share times the Holy Ghost has spoken to them and times they acted on these promptings and the outcome they had because of these things they acted upon. It was just a powerful experience for me and for everyone else involved!



Well, for the baptisms, we are expecting like 3 or 4 by the end of this month. We are having great success and our investigators are progressing. I'm just saying that when you are friends with your companion you tend to do a lot more work. I couldn't be any happier with everything that is happening!

No comments: