Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 99: Another Week Down...4 to Go!

Me and My Homie

Well, this week was a pretty interesting week to say the least. The sun was too hot and for the most part Ghana was not on my side. LOL


Well I had a little rough start to the week, but the week ended on a really good note haha. First of all, for a while now I have been having some stomach problems and for the longest time I have not been having solid poops haha. Sorry for those of you who are about to eat, who have eaten, and all those who are about to eat. I just like being honest.

Our Area

Our Chapel


The Baptismal Font

So let me tell you a little bit about this exchange with Elder Berthelsen.  This was probably one of the hottest days I have witnessed here in Ghana. These days,  the sun is beating us down here. Well, first of all on the way to his area we were getting off a trotro and an elderly man was getting on the trotro. We waited a little bit to allow him on the bus. As soon as he was on, I proceeded out and apparently people in the back were readjusting. So I folded the seat back down to get out and as I did that the seat caught hold of his pants and ripped them. But all I could do was give him a couple of Cedis to repair them once he got off. I felt so bad. Well if that wasn't bad enough?  Five minutes later we were entering another car and I shut the door on my foot. Man my ankle was hurting all week smh. I also drank Mountain Dew that day and it gave me a massive headache and I got a bad sunburn haha. Well I slept well that night anyway. I have truly been blessed! Me and Berthelsen were teaching a couple of his investigators named Porcia and Solomon and I have realized how far I have come as a teacher. These people could speak very little English but we were still able to teach them and help them understand about the Restoration of the Gospel! In the lesson as well it was kinda funny the baby was crying and making noise and Porcia just gives me her child who is about 14 months old and just told me "hold her." She shortly falls asleep. So at this point I am just sitting there with a sleeping baby in my hands while teaching a lesson. It was a pretty eventful day.

Breakfast

The sun is SO bright.

This pizza destroyed me.

Well we had some great success in our area this week. We found 7 new investigators and we are planning to have a couple of baptisms on the 4th of November. It will be my final week here in Ghana and I will be able to do the baptism. I am very excited!

Well, I don't know what else to talk about. Maybe I should come prepared next time! haha 

Love you all!

Mountain Dew and Exchanges

Root Beer

No comments: