Monday, October 23, 2017

Week 101: Last Zone Conference and Final 2 Weeks!



I  would say that this week was a very good week. I am so grateful for this week and the Spirit that has been felt this week. Well I have to be honest with everyone. It honestly doesn't even feel like I will ever leave. I am just doing my own thing here, and the same thing I have been doing. Tuesday was a little emotional for me because it was my last zone conference. Of course, I was the only one to give a testimony because I am not near any of my MTC group. Anyway it was just hard for me to believe that it was my time to stand up before many other missionaries and bear my last testimony with them. This zone conference was actually very inspiring to me and this one has probably influenced me the most. We really focused on Christ-like attributes and a talk called "The Challenge to Become." It is a very powerful talk.




So a little funny story-- Me and my companion were out knocking on doors and we came to this one house who were watching soccer inside. They didn't want to stop watching to come out and they knew we were outside. In this instance, I thought of something funny. I looked at my companion and I pointed to the ECG box (where you control the light). Usually they are on the outside of the houses. I saw a big red switch on the box and I knew that it can turn the power off. This guy just starts laughing and we both continue with our efforts. But maybe I just found a better way of contacting people? Shutting off their power and talking to them when they come out? I think yes! haha. I am totally joking!



Another interesting thing happened-- So somehow the time on our phone was 20 minutes behind. On Sunday me and my companion thought we were good on time, until we put on our watches and figured out that we are actually running late for church. We just ran out the door and prayed and then began to run to church. We were walking down the road and all of a sudden a car stops right in front of us. It was somebody who I have never seen before. But he stopped and told us to get in. When we sat down in the car he asked us if we were going to church and we replied that we were going. Honestly, I thought this was a member at first. But he dropped us at our ward building and kept driving. I was so confused. I looked at my companion and he said that he stopped him. If it weren't for this man, we would have not been able to partake of the sacrament. So I am grateful for the small things the Lord does for us. Oh and BTW my companion "accidentally" left a pamphlet inside with our names and number so we hope for a call haha.



It is looking really promising with our investigator named James who is preparing to be baptized on the 4th of November. I feel really good about baptizing him because he knows so much about the church and we have been able to help him strengthen his faith so much. He will for sure be a strong member of this church. 



Well so today was a little interesting so we went to go climb a mountain and we expected it to be a little bit bushy. So we prepared by bringing a couple of cutlasses. We get like 30 minutes in and we had some complications and had to come back down. We were all pretty bummed out but it was fun to be together and enjoy each other's company. I was still able to get some cool shots and videos!



This week went very well and despite Tuesday being full of meetings it didn't stop us from doing the work that we are suppose to be doing. I pray that I may be able to have another great week and that I will be an effective servant until the end! Peace out!



No comments: