Monday, July 31, 2017

Week 89: 2 More Transfers, I Can Do This!

Dear Family And Friends, 

Well we had a little surprise on Monday night. I got a call that we were going to get a new Elder from Sierra Leone. His name is Elder Davies. He is a super sweet and humble guy. We all love him. Well he came from a mission in Nigeria. I can't go into much detail but pretty much that mission isn't really that good. He couldn't take it anymore and actually first decided he wanted to come home but they decided to bring him here to Ghana. I'm glad they trusted him in our district! He is exactly obedient and loves this work! I'm going on exchanges with him on Thursday.

Well the highlight of the week would have to be the fact that we had a multi-zone conference this week on Wednesday. We talked about finding through our own efforts and finding through members. Our mission culture is to find, find, and find. We are trying to get the mission average per companionship to 5.5 a week which shall raise our baptism rate from 7.7 to 10 per missionary per year so we can be the same as the average for West Africa,. It's interesting how much I actually learned Wednesday. That was my third time to receive the instruction. Since I'm a leader I was instructed by the zone leaders then we discussed it in district meeting and then boom, the third time is the charm I guess.

I went on exchanges with Elder Reeves this week. He is still going strong. We did this so Elder Beall can start trying to take the lead more! The sisters in the district as always, are some of the hardest and most dedicated workers I have ever seen. Well as a district everyone is doing well, for the most part. I'm hoping that everyone is being diligent and is enduring to the end. Sister Israel is really doing a good job with Sister Tarue. Being in the presence of them really helps me to remember that fire I had when I first came, and reminds me of the opportunities I had to train and how great of an experience it was. We are all helping and lifting each other and I have a ton of support from everyone. It's a good feeling. 

On Friday we had an interviews with our mission president. We talked about some good things and it was great to talk with him. I can't really say what we talked about but I love Him and his wife and I sustain them.

It's pretty evident that some people will always take advantage of people and their kindness. This is my thought for the week. I have understood now how much we really do take advantage of people. I always think back to the fact that my parents are so loving and caring for me that I would take advantage of them. I'm not going to go into detail but I think everyone who reads this knows what I mean. I also think about how much we also take advantage of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and also take advantage of the grace of God, thinking to ourselves I can do this and repent later, knowing that we won't get struck by lightening or something or knowing that we can be forgiven. To take advantage of the Atonement of Jesus Christ we have to continually learn and grow, and that growing process will obviously mean we’ll make mistakes. Because of the Atonement, we can repent and our reputation will be restored. He never will stop loving us, no matter how terribly we behave. But like any other parent who has children when they do something wrong they will want them to confess to it and not do it again. This is why I shared the thing about my mom and dad. I didn't really have time to make it sound pretty.

It's my prayer that the people who read my emails can benefit from it. I know I benefit so much from the things that seem small and insignificant. I love you all and I'm grateful for the support. I hope you all have a good week!

No comments: