Monday, October 30, 2017

Week 102: Final Missionary Email



Well, first of all, I would like to say what a wonderful experience I have had to be here in Ghana. I am so grateful for these wonderful people. This experience has truly been real and I have grown so much. Truly this experience I have had in Ghana has shaped me to who I am. I am not perfect in any way but being in Ghana has truly helped me to know how fortunate I really am. Mission is the best 2 years of my life. I will never forget it.





This week. I have reflected back on some of my experiences. When I first came on mission (and I just laugh because honestly), I had no idea what Ghana would be like. I wrote stuff like how I saw animals mating and it was literally the first time I experienced that. I wrote things like: I saw a man in a bra and I also wrote down about how I even ate bones for the first time, not knowing that on my mission I would end up eating more weird things like snails and lizards and stuff like that haha. I also recall writing about my first Fast Sunday here in Ghana. Wow, that was really tough for me because you are walking under the sun all day with no food or water. The Lord really qualifies those who He calls. He has given me the strength to overcome all these hard things.





During my mission, I have had many powerful experiences and witnesses from the Spirit of the Lord. I have also seen miracles of faith and especially the miracles of prayer. I have seen many miracles that the gospel brings in people's life. I know with all sincerity of my heart that this church is true. I am so grateful for this knowledge of the gospel. How lucky are we to have this gospel!



This week I was so privileged thanks to my parents, to go and travel to some of my old areas and even as I am typing this I am in an old area. Going back to the eastern region was so humbling to me. The people there are so amazing. I remember how hard it was to be there but also how much I learned about myself. Shout out to Ghana for giving me these best 2 years. This will always be my second home!


No comments: