Monday, October 16, 2017

Week 100: 3 Weeks!



Wow, my time is really winding down! For all of you wondering, no I am not tired and yes I am still going strong! At this point in my mission it is easy for some to just sleep because they are tired but I am not normal I guess. I am really proud of myself! Well tomorrow, I will be having my last zone conference which means that I will be bearing my final testimony to all the missionaries. I remember in my very first zone conference a guy named Elder Sebit was going home and while he was bearing his testimony I just thought to myself dang I am never going to be going home myself and boom here I am. I totally still remember that experience like it was yesterday!

Well i am sad to say that another one of my friends has returned home. Elder Hon hurt himself and needs surgery. I am so sad...

Well this week I went on exchange with Kasoa 1. I went with Elder Bingham into his area. We had such a great time and I really enjoyed his area and getting to meet new people and feel the Spirit from his members and investigators. It is truly a rewarding experience! A couple of funny things happened that day! (You all knew this was coming) Elder Bingham is a funny guy haha. I love him so much. So I was holding my shoes and I asked him if I could use a brush to get the dirt off my shoes.... He gives me a toothbrush.... I just held it in my hand and looked up at him and just died laughing haha. That truly made my day. Well any missionary here in Ghana will tell you that a fan ice guy is the best thing ever-- which is pretty much Ghana's version of the ice cream truck, lol. I felt like a child that day. Elder Bingham and I were getting ready to go out and we hear the guy coming. We both look at each other in the eyes and get up and run. I run to the kitchen and open this window and hiss as loud as I can (the sound used to call someone) and then Elder Bingham ran out to the porch and screamed  "Here, here!" hahaha. The worst part is..... we ran outside with our shirts untucked.... I had one shoe on. He was barefoot. My tie was loosened... He hadn't finished buttoning his shirt yet.... oh we are a mess. You know here in Ghana something as little as a 1 Cedi ice cream can do wonders! Other than those instances, we were pretty serious, when it comes to preaching the Gospel. I don't joke lol!

As much as I complain in my emails sometimes you would think that Ghana is a bad place haha. But there are a lot of things that happen behind the scenes that are tender mercies or blessings from the Lord. These people are truly wonderful! Sometimes I hate washing my clothes by hand, and most of the time I totally hate the sun. But there is always 1 thing that continues to never let me down- these wonderful people! I have been truly blessed to serve here!

This week was a very successful week for me and my awesome companion Elder Seninde. We had 7 new investigators again this week! But our Sacrament attendance was really poor. We only had 5 investigators. We could have done a better job getting them to church but anyways my companion and I are always achieving the standard of excellence and even sometimes going above and beyond the standard. So I can't really complain. Next Monday, I will be climbing a mountain for a district activity so i might be a little late, or might not come online at all because I'll be too tired. But everyone keep the prayers coming! All shall be well!

No comments: